It is said that the first impression is the last impression. It provides the foundation for the path in which people perceive you. On its basis, people decide how they will be treating the other person in future. In professional and in personal life also, One should always try his level best to give an everlasting impression as it can open doors to many new and exciting opportunities.
In a professional business environment image speaks louder than words. How people see you is a lot to do with whether they like you and it helps them in choosing whether they want to work with you or not. When you go to meet someone the first thing which they notice is your face. So to impress them proper hair and skin care is very important for both men and women.
A lot of grooming tools are available in the market but most of them are for women and very few are for men. Without any doubt, personal grooming is as important for men as it is for women. An important aspect of grooming is to use high-quality products for men’s shaving. When it comes to hair trimming and shaving tools there are few companies like Oster, Andis and Wahl Clipper Corporation who rules this horizon.
Also Check: Guards For Andis Master Clippers
Also Check: Wahl Professional Clippers & Trimmers
Also Check: Professional Beard Trimmers
Also Check: How To Use A Beard Trimmer [Full Guide]
Also Check: What Clippers Do Barbers Use [Full Guide]
BEST MASTER CLIPPERS TO
1. WAHL CLIPPER GROOMSMAN TRIMMER (WAHL CLIPPERS)
Since 1919 Wahl Clipper Corporation has been the leading brand in professional and home grooming category. Over the past nine decades, Wahl strived and diversified to bring quality and innovation to the professional beauty and barber salon trade, consumer personal care and animal grooming categories etc.
Wahl Clipper is the #1 brand of beard trimmers and hair clippers. Its specialty is that long-lasting self-sharpening blades technology is used in it. This technology gives the user long lasting sharp blades. Also, it has high-carbon precision ground blades that are designed to stay sharp for long-time use.
It comes with an ergonomic contour design and soft touch elements you can have a comfortable grip and full control over it. With this, you can easily trim your beard, mustache, goatee and neckline area quickly and precisely.
It is battery operated and two AA batteries come with this clipper. It can be considered as the best gift for men around you. The beard regulator provides seven trimming lengths so you can create the exact look you want. Also included are guide combs for achieving looks such as a perfect two-day stubble. A storage base is also included that organizes the accessories and keeps everything neat. A cleaning brush and blade oil are also provided with the trimmer.
- Cordless/Battery operated
- Ergonomic design
- Smooth grip
- High carbon steel blades
- Charges quickly
- Can hold a charge for a longer time
- Low price
- Battery charge lasts for a longer time
- Batteries can be replaced
- A nice storage tray is provided
- It is super noisy
- Does not work well with the attachments
- It has a narrow surface area so it takes much time to trim entire beard
Andis is a leading provider of quality hair products and is the mainstay of salon equipment and beauty supplies. Andis is one of the oldest producers of hair clippers and trimmers in America. One of their product is Andis T-Outliner Professional Beard/Hair Trimmer. It is equipped with an extremely close-cutting blade for trimming necks, beards, mustaches, and edging around ears. It has Close-cutting, carbon-steel T-blade for detailing. The fine-cutting teeth allow extremely close cutting that is ideal for fades and design work.
The contoured housing fits comfortably in your hand and the heavy-duty eight-foot cord gives plenty of room to work. The high-speed, powerful magnetic motor runs cool and quiet and doesn’t make any noise while its operation.
The high-quality carbon-steel blades are specially hardened for long-life cutting. The T-Outliner is perfect for all-around outlining and fading and the T-Blade is ideal for trimming necks, beards, mustaches, and edging around ears.
- Includes a BeauWis blade brush
- Easy to handle
- Up to 7200 strokes per minute
- Ideal for dry shaving
- Smooth cutting
- Cuts hair close to the skin(Just like a razor)
- Gets hot easily
From Wahl Professional’s commercial grade line of products, the 5-Star Shaver/Shaper is intended for professional use only and is engineered to deliver the sharp performance that experts demand. This powerful shaver offers an appealing aesthetic in addition to top-notch precision.
It comes with a rechargeable battery that can keep the rotary motor running at full speed for up to 60 minutes per charge. With hypoallergenic gold foil, even the most sensitive skin will be free of razor bumps, ingrown hairs, or skin irritation.
For your convenience, the 5-Star Series Shaper/Shaver comes with all accessories required for use. Package includes the shaver, foil guard, charging plug, cleaning brush, and operating instructions.
- Cord/Cordless Shaver
- Easy to handle
- Bump-free Shaver
- A user can choose gold or silver foil according to their skin sensitivity
- A battery can hold the charge for a longer time period
- A foil is thin and can tore easily
This 5-star balding clipper is must for a barber shop. Instead of traditional clippers who have pivot motors, this clipper has an electromagnetic motor that cuts twice the speed of pivot motors. With the help of this clipper barbers and stylists can do surgically close cut, making it perfect for quick, precise and effortless skin and bald fades.
This 5-Star Balding Clipper comes with all accessories required for use.
- Attachment Combs
- Cleaning brush
- Red blade guard
The 5-Star Wahl Clipper (#8110) measures 6.25” long and weighs 1 lb. This product features an 8-foot, professional grade, chemical resistant cord and #2105 (6×0) blade, V5000+ electromagnetic motor, and operates at 120 volts/60 hertz.
Be careful with this clipper, if you are shaving your own head.
- Ultra-close full-size trimming blade
- Ideal for outlining
- Creates all-over even cut with use of attachment combs
- Full Head Balding
- Stays cool (No overheating issue)
- It cuts close to the skin
- Blades are sharp
- Don’t require much force to be applied
- Powerful motor
- Long cord(8 foot)
- Move slowly otherwise it can pull and snag your hair
- Can scratch your scalp
This andis outliner is a part of the OUTLINER series. It is a Magnetic motor trimmer which is perfect for all-around outlining, dry shaving and fading. It has a close-cutting carbon-steel blade which is good for trimming neck’s hair, beard, mustache and edging around ears. It has a powerful and high-speed motor which runs cool and quiet. This outliner easily fits in your hand.
- Perfect for all-around outlining and fading
- Contoured housing with high-speed motor
- Ideal for dry shaving
- Power Type: AC Supply
- Oil blades before every use
- Cuts close enough to a traditional razor shave
- Comfortable to use
- High-quality power cable
- Blades are adjustable and replaceable
- Best for people with sensitive skin and ingrown hair problems
- It gets hot quickly
This is perfect grooming kit for hair cutting and beard trimming. Wahl’s Most Powerful and Durable Motor is installed in this kit for a Lifetime of Superior Performance. Our Finest Self-Sharpening precision blades stay sharp the Longest and cut all hair types. It has SECURE-FIT Stainless Steel Clip Guide Combs For smooth and easy hair cutting. Their premium grade material is 70 percent stronger vs existing Wahl guide combs.
- Wahl’s best warranty; Lifetime Warranty (5-year warranty on blades)
- Wahl’s best-corded motor
- Best blades
- Wahl’s best guide combs
- Adjustable taper lever
- 8 feet industrial heavy duty cord
- Better power cable than other clippers in this price range
- Strong powerful motor
- Stronger, smoother closed and open guard adjustment
- 1/2 and 1 & 1/2 guards are included
- The guards give more flexibility and safety when blending fades(Better for a fresh haircut or facial hair)
- Guide combs are better and are attached to a metal thumb clip
- A bit noisy
- It vibrates a lot
- Very heavy
Widely acclaimed by barbers and stylists, this famous clipper is the ultimate shop tool proven to stand up to continuous use. Renowned for its lasting durability, powerful motor and heavy-duty performance, this single speed clipper is designed to cut through all hair types, all day long. It is a workhorse for the experienced cutter who appreciates the clipper’s ability to operate endlessly and effortlessly. Designed with ultra-durable, break-resistant housing.
- Includes Blade Guard
- Lubricating Oil
- Cleaning Brush
- Clipper Grease
- 9 Ft Power Cord
- Powerful, Single Speed Universal Motor For Heavy-Duty Use
- Easily Cuts Through Wet or Dry Hair
- Detachable Blade Size is between 000 and 1
- Highly resistant
- Ergonomic Design For All Day Cutting
- Textured Housing Provides Easy Grip
- Clean cutting lines
- Solid construction
- Powerful motor
- Don’t glide smoothly
- These are not battery operated
This sleek, adjustable-blade clipper works through cut after cut quickly and effortlessly with a powerful Whisper-Quiet pivot motor. The Fast Feed clipper keeps the noise level down and productivity up. Designed with a convenient, adjustable blade lever to change settings easily. It is ultra-durable and built for long-lasting performance to provide years of use. Adjustable blade size 000 to 1.
- Comb guide attachments
- Blade guard
- Cleaning accessories
- Lubricating oil
- Powerful, Whisper Quiet pivot motor
- Steel blade adjusts between size 000 and 1
- Cuts Through All Types of Hair (Wet or Dry)
- Ergonomic Design For All Day Cutting
- 4 Guide Combs: Blending, 1/4″, 3/8″, 1/2″
- 8 Ft Power Cord
- Can be zero gaped
- Don’t get hot
- Single-pass cutting
- It does not cut short hair well
- Lack of attachments
- It does not come with a hard case
This andis master clipper is really strong as it has aluminium body which is indestructible and also is lightweight. Andis master clipper contains a powerful magnetic motor which doesn’t make noise while it’s operation. The model# for the blade is #01556 which is compatible with the clipper #01557.
- Blades are to be oiled before and after use
- These clippers get so hot after some time, so you have to take a break
- Because of the metal housing, it’s hard to continue working with it when it heats up
- Comb, hair guards and shears not included
- Ideal for all-around outlining and fading
- Strong and long-lasting
- Magnetic motor
- Carbon steel blades
- Adjustable blades (for normal to rough hair)
- Cuts smoothly and evenly
- Heats up quickly
This Wahl clipper basically comes from Wahl’s 5 star series which is designed especially for busy barbers and their clients from different cultural backgrounds. This Wahl clipper is designed only to be used by professionals. As it is cordless so it provides that perfect sharp performance which is demanded by experts.
This clipper uses LITHIUM ION BATTERY whose runtime is more than one and a half hour (90 minutes) per charge. It has highly accurate and precise zero-overlap 2161 blades which are responsible for its good speed and easy use. It also features a simple taper lever which helps in fading and blending. This 5-star magic clip #8148 measures 6.25” long. This magic Wahl clipper has other accessories such as :
- Attachment Combs
- Oil for cleaning
- Cleaning brush
- Instructions for use
- Red blade guard
- Recharging transformer
- Designed for professionals
- Easy to handle
- Staggered tooth blade which is perfect for blending
- Powerful battery
- A cord is thicker and longer
- Blades can be zero gaped
- Blades are not of good quality
Andis clipper/trimmer combo hair cutting kit serves as an answer to all of your grooming needs. It is a hair cutting kit which comprises of total27 pieces, also supported by strong clipper and a trimmer as well. This trimmer has T-Blade which is suitable for trimming necklines and beards etc.
If we compare its clipper with that of magnetic motor units, then we can easily say that this Andis clipper is 4 times more powerful than that. It has a soft grip because of the no-slip housing. It comes with 5-year warranty.
This Andis combo clipper and trimmer kit come with step-by-step instructions on a DVD. It is ideal for traveling or use at home. This kit will help you to look neat and tidy.
One of its drawbacks is that its blades should be oiled before, during, and after each use.
- Can be used on wet, damp and dry hair
- Number guide combs
- High-quality stainless steel
- Step-by-step instructions are provided in the form of a DVD
- Motor is solid
- Blades are of good quality
- Clean and even cutting
- Works quietly
- The numbered guide combs and lever to adjust the blades were made of cheap flimsy plastic
- T liners are dull
Andis profoil lithium shaver is a lightweight shaver and has a powerful and quiet rotary motor which has 9000 strokes per minute. It operates on Lithium-Ion Battery which delivers more than one hour (90 minutes approximately) run time on a single charge.
Because of its cord/cordless operation, you don’t need to worry and stop shaving process if its charge gets low. You can easily put it on charge during the shaving process and work tension free. It has gold titanium hypo-allergenic foil which gives you the perfect cut and with this, you can shave without feeling any sort of irritation.
- Perfect for finishing fades and removing stubble for an ultra-close smooth shave
- Ideal for dry shaving
- Oil blade before every use
- Item Length : 4.75 inch
- Highly affordable
- Gives a good close shave
- Works great on short and stubble hair
- Easy to clean
- Not good for people with long hair
- Some issues with the foil are reported
This Andis cordless shaver is a lightweight compact shaver. It comes with Lithium-ion battery and on one charge it has a run time of almost 90 minutes. It comes with a BeauWis Brush. It has a hypoallergenic foil of gold and titanium which is a great help for irritation-free shaving.
- Lithium-ion battery provides maximum power
- Lightweight – less than 5 ounces
- Good for people with sensitive skin
- With a BeauWis Brush
- Shaves/Cuts close
- Easy to use
- Few charging issues are reported
The andis gtx T-outliner trimmer is known to be best for outlining, fading and dry shaving. This andis gtx trimmer uses T-blade. The specialty of this T-blade is that it has curved edges due to which it becomes easy for the user to handle this trimmer. Also, it gives you perfect trimming around ears, beard and mustache areas.
This trimmer can be used for outlining and fading. Due to its eye-catching look and upgraded features, this trimmer is barber’s favorite all over the world. Overall the andis gtx trimmer is a high-quality trimmer which is designed by most trusted name (ANDIS) in the industry.
- Faster magnetic motor
- Motor runs very quietly and efficiently
- Close-cutting T-Blade for extremely close cutting
- High-quality carbon-steel blades
- 8-foot cord with hanger loop
- Item Length : 5.50 inch
- Thick/good quality cord
- Quiet and comfortable
- Sharp trimmer
- Leaves clean and crisp edges
- Easy to hold
- Side bumps give you a good grip
- Gets hot after a continuous use
- Can pull hair
Andis professional styliner is trimmer for hair and beard. It has a T-blade for trimming necklines, beards, mustaches and edging around the ears. Its blades are already aligned and tension preset to give you a smooth and dry shaving. This andis professional styliner is best for dry shaving but its blades should be oiled before every use. It contains a magnetic motor which has 7200 strokes per minute. The motor operates at 120 volts and frequency is 60 Hz.
- Contoured housing with convenient side switch
- High-speed motor
- High quality carbon steel blades specially hardened for long cutting life
- Heavy duty 8 foot cord
- Item length : 5.75 inch
- Stays cool
- Gives a close shave
- It runs quiet
- Cutting speed is fast
- Blade is uncomfortable
- Gets clogged easily
Things to Consider When Buying Hair Clippers
If you have previously bought a cheap pair of clippers from Wal-Mart or similar, you will probably know that doing so was a false economy.
And these second type of clippers are far inferior to good quality brands. They tend to be made of a cheap plastic material, have an average to a poor motor, and a blade that ‘hacks‘ rather than cuts your hair smoothly.
Plus you will be lucky if they last you more than 14 to 18 months!
The Front Runners:
These are top leading manufacturers of hair clippers in the market –
There are some other brands that also produce half decent clippers, but you really can not go wrong with the big 3.
With the leading brands, you get the reassurance of a reliable, solid cut– every time. Plus a clipper that’ll give you many years of trusted service!
Every clipper’s quality is different. What I mean is, you need to take care of things such as:
- What the clipper housing is made of.
- Is it made from valox(a toughened hard-wearing plastic resin) or with cheap plastic?
- Are the blades guaranteed to stay strong and sharp?
- How powerful is the motor?
It is always worth checking out customer reviews on a product before buying. Amazon has a great system of providing real and accurate customer feedback on every product it sells.
If the clipper you want is sold through Amazon, a quick check of the reviews will soon tell you if you have got yourself a winner or a dud. People power! 😀
3. The Motor (Makes All the Difference)
The power and size of a hair clipper’s motor is generally what sorts the top of the range branded models from the poor imitations.
If you have a decent blade in your clipper, a good, powerful motor will ensure the hair is cut cleanly and smoothly without pulling or grabbing it.
Prices are usually dictated by the quality of blades and motor that drives them.
It is these elements that you should pay attention to when making your purchase. Cheaper motors provide less power to the cutting blades and will burn out quicker.
Blades need to be sharp and strong that will last you at least a few years without dropping in clipper’s performance.
Check what they’re made from and if you can easily get replacement blades.
And if you drop the clipper, blades can damage, and it is always handy to have a spare one to hand.
4. Frequency and Ease of Use
The right clipper for you may depend on your previous experience with using them.
If someone wants to buy a clipper for the family or for their own use, there are lots of mid-ranged priced, good quality models that will do an excellent job.
If you have been using clippers for a while, or you’re an industry professional who cuts hair on a routine, then the Oster Classic 76 professional hair clipper will be the best need and has been a long time mine favorite over the years.
Having good accessories for your hair clipper is a must, and will extend their life for many a year.
All pro-clippers and most standard ‘home-use’ clippers should include the following when you purchase them:
- Clipper oil and grease
- Blade guard – to keep your blades sharper for longer
- Comb attachments (this depends on the model)
- A warranty